Summer Staff Ministry
Join our Summer Staff ministry team in leading Pacific Northwest youth through the adventure of their lives!
Each summer YD Adventures hires a select number of talented young adults from all over the world to lead adventure trips for teens in Washington, Idaho and Oregon. The Summer Staff ministry team is an integral part of YD Adventures, which is committed to reaching today’s youth through dynamic relationships and challenging experiences.
YD Adventures uses powerful adventure-based ministry to share Christ with teens and deepen their understanding of God. We challenge teens by taking them to the edge: dropping them into a rappel or rafting them through Class III and IV rapids. By experiencing these incredible challenges in God’s creation, teens are able to “unplug” from their day–to–day lives and experience God in ways they never have before.
As a member of the Summer Staff team, you could guide teens on a variety of wilderness activities, including: whitewater rafting, rock climbing, backpacking, challenge courses, horseback riding, kayaking, and more. You will work alongside the YDA Staff to design the ministry program for each trip and assist in the preparations and logistical operations of the trips. As you serve others, you will also be challenged in your own faith as you work in Christian service with a team of believers and experience your own “edge” moments.
Staffing opportunities are available at three unique bases of operation (Washington, Idaho, and Oregon). Each base has a unique focus of ministry united by the same heart to share Christ with teens. If you connect with the heart of YD’s ministry, please submit the application on the right-side of this page, and we’ll contact you. To learn more, contact one of our summer staff coordinators on the right.
Requirements for Summer Staff:
- A passion for sharing about Jesus Christ with teens.
- A teachable spirit.
- A desire to invest in relationships.
- A love for the outdoors.
- Attendance at all trainings (beginning mid-to-late May).
- A two-summer commitment.
- A current Wilderness First Aid/CPR certification (available during summer staff training).
- Washington: Willingness and ability to fundraise $1,500 prior to the start of your first summer and $1,200 your second summer (materials and training provided).
- Oregon: Willingness and ability to fundraise $1,500-$2,500 each year, depending on your specific roles and trainings.
Possible Training Fields:
- Rock climbing assistance.
- Whitewater rafting guiding.
- Backcountry guiding.
- Challenge course facilitation.
- Support staffing (ie: logistics, food and equipment preparation)
- Trip programming.
- Washington Only: Horse Wrangling.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work with a community of summer staff from around the world.
- An ability to impact God’s kingdom by sharing Christ with teens.
- Training and opportunities to minister to youth.
- Training and opportunities to minister in God’s creation.
- Development of your ability to lead and facilitate a group.
- Development of your technical skills as a guide and facilitator.
- Development of your ability to create a ministry program for a trip.
- Oregon and Idaho: Housing with a host family and the option to earn up to $1,500 per summer through fundraising.
- Washington: Housing at our base, Stonewater Ranch, with a community of up to 20 other summer staff, plus the option to earn $1,500 per summer through fundraising (this is in addition to the required $1,500).
...about Summer Staff
...about YD Adventures
Talk to Us!
Stonewater Ranch (WA)